Translate

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Simple Shenanigans Saint Patrick’s Day Wreath



Hello, all!!  Thank you for taking the time to pop in!  


Saint Patrick's Day is such a fun holiday to decorate for!  There is always a plethora of items available at both The Dollar Tree and The 99¢ Store.  I combined items from both to make a fun and festive wreath perfect for Saint Paddy's!!  

To make these, you will need:


From The Dollar Tree:


Mesh




A square wreath form (in my case, I used two, one for each door)





Varying green ribbon



Sparkly foam shamrocks



From The 99¢ Store:

Bowler hats


On hand:

Bread twist-ties


You will also need a hot glue gun and glue sticks.

Begin by rolling out some of the mesh and laying it flat.


Pinch the edge together.



Attach the pinched edge to the wreath form with the twist tie.



Once attached, weave the mesh in and out along the form, fluffing where needed.


After you have covered the entire form, affix the hanging loop of shamrock to the top corner of the form, and affix the hanging loop of the bowler hat to the bottom corner of the form, again using twist-ties.



To make a decorative ribbon, used one sheer and one that is an opaque, narrower canvas ribbon.  Both are wired for easier manipulation.  Lay one ribbon on top of the other.


Tie a bow by making loops and hold them together using a twist-tie.



Pull apart and fluff your loops.




Finally, cut the hanging tails at varying lengths.  Fold each tail in half and cut on the bias to create a dovetail.


Using a hot glue gun, glue the ribbon onto the hat.



Viola!!






If you would like to see these wreaths and how I incorporated them into the rest of my St. Patrick's Day festivities, you may view the post on my other blog Parsimonious Décor Darling here.




Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!





If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Perfection.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!

Thank you for stopping by! ❤





























 

No comments:

Post a Comment