Translate

Friday, July 19, 2013

Boy Scouts Blue and Gold/ Native American Headdress Centerpiece

One of the most important rites of passage in the world of scouting is the Blue and Gold ceremony. During this ceremony, your scout is awarded the belt loops, pins, and ranks he has worked so hard to earn. It is truly something special. The following is a Native American Headdress for a Blue and Gold Ceremony Centerpiece. 

This look was accomplished using a styrofoam ball, gold paint, beads, feathers, ribbons, and leather strips and pieces. I used plant wire to mold a stand. I was trying to emulate a headdress. The blue feathers (that are not on the actual headdress) are ribbons which I unravelled. Each side has six of the twelve scout laws glued onto the ribbon-feathers. 











If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment