Translate

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Easy Cranberry Christmas Pomander

Hello, Friends!!  Thank you for taking the time out of your busy holiday schedule to visit my blog!

Today's post will feature how to make a very festive and easy holiday pomander. 

You will need:

Large foam ornament $0.99 at the 99¢ Store
One cranberry spray $5 at Hobby Lobby
One glittery cranberry spray $0.75 at Hobby Lobby
One silver foliage spray $0.75 at Hobby Lobby
One Holiday Spray $0.99 at the 99¢ Store (for holly leaves)
Ribbon of your choice (I looove tartan for Christmas)
Crafting tool/scissors
Hot glue gun and glue sticks


First, I began by removing all of the foliage from the stems.





Next, I glued a few holly leaves onto the foam ornament.  Glue your berries onto the ball.  Be sure to stagger the dark, light, and sparkly berries along with the silver balls to avoid too much concentration of any particular color in any specific area. 


After gluing all the cranberries on, I glued two pre-made ribbons directly on top of the pomander, creating an x. 








Right in the center of the bows I placed one silver ball and glued it down.  A good thing about the branches of this particular spray is that they are very hard and sharp, almost like needles.  I opted not to remove the stems, and instead dotted glue and pushed them in as if they were a push-pin.  This prevents slippage.





Finally, I glued down the ribbon.






Here is the completed pomander. 

You may opt to hang these from door handles, car mirrors, or even chandeliers, such as I've done here.









If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤










4 comments:

  1. Found you through Between Naps on the Porch and I'm glad I did! LOVE the kissing ball - on my to-do list! Thanks for sharing.
    One thing - you might want to look into adding a "pin it" button to your blog so that people can save and share your gorgeous creations.
    Shelly @100Things2Do.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shelly! So glad you enjoyed the tutorial. The Pin It button is there, it's just at the very bottom of the page. Perhaps it'd be better if I put one on each pic.....sorry! :)

      Delete