Translate

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sunflower Glasses À La Pier One

Hello!  Thank you for popping in to my blog!  

The Spring has graciously decided to stay here in California, at long last!  Retailers are always ahead of the game, and have already begun displaying Summer wares.  On a recent browsing, I came across these adorable flutes at Pier One.

I liked them, but $8.95 per glass seemed a bit pricey, especially when I usually buy my glasses in sets of ten or twelve at a time.  These would likely only be used during Summer.....needless to say, I walked away without them.  

Well, those darned glasses kept niggling at me in the back of my mind, so it was a couple of days later when I hopped online. I did a quick search of Pier One Floral Glasses, because I couldn't remember the name of the particular glass.  When I did, these came up. 


I liked these glasses even more than the first, and they fit perfectly with the Tablescape theme I had begun planning, yet these were even more at $10 each.  I decided I could accomplish a similar knock-off much more inexpensively.  Here is my process.    

You will need:
Flutes
Yellow paint
Orange paint
Green paint 
Paint brushes, one large one small


I decided to use these faux sunflowers as an inspiration, knowing I'd be using them in my tablescape.


I began by using the larger brush to paint petals.  Allow dry time.



Next, I painted the stems of the glasses in forest green. Allow dry time. 



Next, I brought in the orange using the smaller of the two brushes. 


All done!


Here is how the flutes look upside down. 

What is great about this project is I completed it in less than ten minutes, and the paint won't come off with use, but washes off easily with soap and water.  This is a really simple and inexpensive way to elevate plain glass for a get-together.  

Flutes, $1 each at The Dollar Tree
Paints, $0.69 each at Walmart

To see these glasses featured in my Spring into Summer Tablescape, visit the post on my blog Parsimonious Décor Darling by clicking here.
  



If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤





 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment