Translate

Friday, March 14, 2014

Mini Bird's Nest Place Settings

Hello friends!  Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog!

Being that it is almost Spring and that the rainy weather has finally relented, it got me thinking about my Easter Tablescape.  I thought it would be fun to place tiny nests at each setting indicative of the season.  I hope you enjoy the post. 

You will need:

Poster board
Spanish moss
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Plate you intend to use in your setting 
Writing utensil
Scissors
Assorted small Spring blooms
        




Begin by using the center of your plate as a guide.  Trace the underside of your plate.  Tracing the plate intended for use in your tablescape will ensure it fits right inside your plate.

Cut out. 

Use your cutout as a template to make how many you need. 

Align. 

Trim away a bit so that all of your circles are symmetrical. 


Bead glue onto the outer perimeter of your circle.

Mold the moss around the circle where you beaded the glue. 

For extra reinforcement, between the layers, dot glue sporadically and continue to mold into a nest shape.  Allow cool time.  

Once cool, lift up the edge of your nest and trim away any visible portions of the poster board. 

Finally, shake vigorously to remove loose fibers. All set!  

Closeup. 

You can choose to adorn with small blooms as I've done here,

Or add eggs.  To view my tutorial about how to make these speckled eggs, you may visit the tutorial in the archives by clicking here.  


The possibilities are as limitless as your imagination!  All supplies purchased at The Dollar Tree.  

To see these ornaments featured in my Tablescape, visit the post in my blog Parsimonious Décor Darling by clicking here.  


If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤








No comments:

Post a Comment