Translate

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Tisket, A Tasket....Spring Flowers in a Basket

Hello, dear friends!  Thank you for taking the time to stop by! 

Well....it has finally happened!  On a recent excursion to my two of my fave home improvement haunts, Lowe's and Home Depot, I found that they have brought out the perennials and annuals....at last!  I love fresh flowers, and even strolling through those aisles which are rich with the aroma of honeysuckle and jasmine brings me joy.  This post is a simple yet lovely way to display Spring florals....I hope you enjoy.

You will need:

A small basket
White paint
Spring blooms, real or faux

I began by whitewashing a simple inexpensive Easter basket.

Because the basket will be full, it was not necessary to paint the inside.  I also used a very gentle hand...it is ok to allow some of the basket to show through, to me it gives the basket a charming weathered appearance.


Remove the handle. 


If fresh florals are not available to you in your neck of the woods or you want to reuse this year after year:



Use a glue gun to bead glue onto the rim of your basket. Add greenery. 

Once the entire rim of the basket is covered in foliage, add your florals. Nothing says Spring to me like pastel colored blooms, and here I've used faux peonies. 




If fabulously fresh is your preference, place a small flower arranging foam block into the basket.


 Add blooms.  Aren't these gorgeous!!?

I like the idea of adding florals at an angle for a basket arrangement, so it appears as though the flowers are "spilling" out of the sides of the basket. 


Voilà!



To see these featured in my Spring Tea Tablescape, visit the post on my blog Parsimonious Décor Darling here.



Where to buy:  
Faux florals:  The 99¢ Store
Basket:  The Dollar Tree
Paint:  Walmart


If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤










No comments:

Post a Comment