Translate

Monday, March 17, 2014

Welcome Spring Seeds and Pots



Hello, and thank you for visiting!  In just two days, it will officially be Spring, so I wanted to do a quick and fun craft to welcome the season.  

You will need:  
Assorted seeds
Contact paper in a floral pattern
Ribbon
Mini pots
Tulle or cellophane 
Hot glue gun and glue sticks

Begin by lining up your planter to measure the contact paper.


Mark. 


Contact paper can sometimes be a beast to separate from its backing.  I've found that using an Exacto knife works exceptionally well.  



Once you have covered your pot and trimmed any excess, add a small package of seeds.


Set the pot in the middle if a strip of tulle,  


Wrap, and 


tie with ribbon. 


I added a small sprig of faux flowers before I double-knotted the ribbon.

Voilà!  This is a kitschy yet sweet gift you can deliver (or send) to friends as a way to welcome Spring!


Where to buy:  
Mini pots:  10/$1 The Dollar Tree
Contact paper: The Dollar Tree
Seeds 4/$1 at The Dollar Tree
Ribbon:  The 99¢ Store 
Blooms:  The Dollar Tree
Tulle:  on hand, from my local thrift


If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤










No comments:

Post a Comment